At Rowallan Castle we are committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognise the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental business. We strive to minimise any detrimental effects as a result of our business.
We understand we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a focal point and receive proper attention.
ROOM BY ROOM
In delivering our commitment we will :-
1. Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
2. Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials, whilst maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
3. Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
4. Wherever possible, work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
5. Through our active environmental work, we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed updated and communicated to all staff.
EXAMPLES OF EVERYDAY ACTIONS
1. Paper, cardboard, glass , plastic , cooking oil, toner cartridges fluorescent tubes are all recycled.
2. Waste compacted and separated to reduce number of collections.
3. Furniture purchased from local auction houses.
4. The original walk in safe has been converted to a ladies’ toilet.
SAVING ENERGY BY:
1. Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on weekly basis.
2. Use of low energy light bulbs.
3. Use of motion detectors.
4. Building management systems that control temperature throughout the building.
5. The use of our own logs from the Estate to fuel our log burning fires.
1. Water consumption by ongoing installation of new flush system in toilets.